sábado, 11 de septiembre de 2010

#2

I considered myself owner of some type of surgery background. My father is a vet, my mother a hairdresser and I took some first aid summer course during college. Since I was the most experienced with animals of the both of us, I decided to take care of it. I put the bird into sleep and proceeded. I cut a piece of the upper part of the wings so it wouldn’t be able to fly anymore. It was supposed to become our pet from then on. We named it Anthony, after his late canary. I did not have the chance to meet it but it was remembered as an easy going bird. Not that we had the same expectations for Anthony. When it woke up it still looked under the influence of the drug, a little dazed and it seemed to take its new form as a good thing.

At least, we were happy about it. Most of all I was. He hasn’t been happy about anything since the time he found and bought cheddar cheese in a fancy supermarket downtown. I believe he wasn’t that sure about keeping the bird, he just wanted to make a good entrance home and then told it- bye bye so long - after dinner - thank you, it was a pleasure. The same way he always used to do with everybody and by everybody I mean every body.

No hay comentarios: